Friday, December 14, 2018

Multiple Panel Drawing








"A Disturbance in the Quiet Night"

Multiple Panels

Materials: Wood, acrylic paints, and ink

Dimensions: 1 2" x 4", 5 2" x 2"

Artist Statement:
For my multiple panel project, I wanted to focus on illustration, my favorite and my prime focus in the art as of right now. Ever since I was a kid, I was always inspired by storytelling and cartoons, which made me a big fan of comics and cartoon tv shows. I also have always been interested in hearing stories told from different views. Everyone has their own perspectives on events, ideas, and beliefs, and I always like to hear both sides.
For this project, I wanted to illustrate a story that everyone could be apart of. In order to do that, I when onto my social media account and started with the set of the story, then allowing whoever wanted to participate to write out a continuation of the story. Besides the first panel, every other panel was from another person where I did the job of illustrating their part the best that I could. The final result from the storytellers was a lonely girl walking to home alone was spooked out by a monster who came out of the woods and frighten her, only to leave her in paralyzing fear.
I wanted to show in this project how people can impact a story, how they can change it, how there are different perspectives, and how when minds come together they are able to create new ideas. Although I set up the story, all the other panels after the first one were created by other people, and they were able to come together and form a flowing and functional story. Everyone has a story to tell, on about anything and anywhere, and they are always ready to share it. As an illustrator, it is important for me to illustrate the story that is told by others so I can show others their story and for what they have to say.


Research/Inspirations

Hellboy Comics





https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3004-007/Hellboy-Winter-Special-2018#prettyPhoto

Walt Disney Animation


https://www.disneyanimation.com/projects/getahorse

Grace Liu

 
   https://twitter.com/rawrgyle?lang=en


No comments:

Post a Comment