Friday, April 13, 2018

3D to 2D


3D to 2D

Creature Cave

Program: MediBang Paint Pro
Size: 31.3 in. X 31.1 in.

Artist Statement:
I manipulated one of the final photos of my memento piece to create this imagery. I took out the center of the memento piece and then copied it at least five times, resizing and pasting it over the next one. Until eventually I got the design of what appears to look like the inside of a tunnel or cave. I started to add monster designs between the layers of the memento to make it appear that the cave is full of monsters who are hiding and waiting to attack. I drew out an end to the "tunnel," making it appear that light is shining through an opening. Lastly, I put up a layer of color that was turned on "multiply," to not only make the cave seem darker but to also bring out the details in the wood of the memento piece.
I really wanted to add my own touch of what I am interested in by designing creatures to go along with it. I am generally a cartoonist and I love to create character concepts. I also love the idea of mysterious or abandoned places that seem to go unnoticed by people, especially old buildings and natural formations such as caves.


Process Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment